Saturday, May 19, 2007

PayPal Account Verification

Some times ago, PayPal doesn't allow any users from Indonesia to register. I hate it each time I bumped into site which requires transactions through PayPal accounts. I don't have the account! I can not register an account as well!
Several months ago I heard somebody told me that now Indonesians may have the PayPal account as well. I tried to check it out through the registration page, to see whether it is confirmed or not. I saw "Indonesia" in the combo box. But at that time I had not had enough time and need to join PayPal. Today I try it again and registered successfully.
Somehow the site now have 2 layer of verification.
First one they screen the valid credit card data. Yet, your send limit is USD 100, unless you have gone through the second screening.
Second screening, they will ask your permission to debit your account for a small amount of money. Because of the bill, there is some (credit card) merchant entry in your billing statement. They smartly put a verification code in your billing item, either you have it electronically or printed on monthly basis. Then you must enter the verification code to the website. The amount will be credit into your account back after the registration has been completed. Wow, this is two-fold, because it also proves that PayPal could send money to us too.
I found this as a nice feature, since you don't have to burn the house (market for tens of millions of Indonesian Internet users) to get rid of mice (Indonesian carders). The mice need to work harder to find their cheese...

No comments:

Post a Comment