Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Free and Unemployed

After admitted for work in Singapore, I resigned immediately because the employer asked me to start working ASAP. Singapore is a nice country to earn money, but I have a personal matters that pretty much the main reason to relocate there. The employer has been taken care of the EP application for me.
Yesterday I was called, suddenly the asked me to provide the translated academic transcript for the EP application. They said that this is not usually the case. Probably some kind of random sampling happened and it happened to be me that was chosen for the random checking. They already have some foreigners in the company, the procedure is a bit unusual.
I called to my campus. They told me that probably there is a delay in providing the translation of my academic transcript, due to the change of the rector of the University of Indonesia. Again, I lost my booked flight for the second time. What a waste of money.
Meanwhile, I'm free and unemployed now. Free zone..
Only for a while though...
This event also provides me with enough free time to explore, and accomplish things otherwise I couldn't do. Now I could read some old WebLogic texts, learn more the difference between type 3 and type 4 JDBC driver, and those kind of thingy... This time is a kind of retreat time, where you could do things you wouldn't have time to when you are engaged in an employment. I missed those time when I was as free as bird, when you become the business owner. But become an employee isn't a bad thing at all. You don't have to take just about everything, instead you could focus on things that you are best at.

No comments:

Post a Comment