Wednesday, April 28, 2010

How to go to Perhentian Islands from Singapore

I found out that some people wanted to go to Perhentian Islands from Singapore. Perhentian Islands is such a nice place in Malaysia, reachable by half an hour boat from Peninsula Malaysia's east coast - which means it is easily reachable from Singapore through land transport.

I have been there in two trips, both are really memorable! One trip was for snorkeling with church friends from Kuala Lumpur (KL). The other trip I went there with group of friends from Singapore for some scuba dives. While geographically KL seemed to be nearer to nearest city (Jertih) than from Singapore, the road from KL to Jertih is not as nice as west coast expressway. My first trip which was from KL took around 8 hours bus ride (KL - Jertih). My second trip was direct from Larkin Bus Station (Johorbahru - JB) to Jertih.

If you are cost conscious like me and wants to take bus from Singapore, I would suggest that you take the bus from Larkin Bus Station (JB) to Jertih instead of travelling down by bus to KL followed by another bus trip to Jertih. From Larkin to Jertih took about 10 hours as I can recall.

From Jertih you can take cab to Kuala Besut, where the jetty to Perhentian Islands are.

No comments:

Post a Comment